TAL-BassLine-101 is a monophonic bass synthesizer and a very accurate emulation of the popular SH 101. The GUI is intuitive and easy to use. It produces the raw sound you know from analogue devices without any effects.
Its 24dB zero feedback delay low pass filter has a very smooth and authentic sound without any digital artifacts, especially designed and calibrated for extreme settings. It sounds even smooth with a lot resonance and a high oscillator pitch where most emulations fail.
Details as envelope transitions between overlapping notes are carefully modeled. The oscillators do not use any samples. TAL-BassLine-101 generates all wave-forms in real time. Filter-FM allows it to choose an oscillator waveform as modulation source for the filter cutoff. This additional feature can be used to create a wide range of new sounds.
- Self resonating zero feedback delay filter (24dB LP).
- Filter-FM modulation.
- Calibrated and tuned after our hardware device.
- Midi learn / automation for all controls.
- Alias free oscillators for an authentic sound also @ 44'100Hz sampling rate.
- Arpeggiator with different sync modes (host, midi clock, not on).
- Original (RC) and linear portamento mode.
- Built in arpeggiator with some additional modes.
- Powerful step sequencer with up to 96 steps and recording option.
- 6 voice poly mode.
- Sequencer MIDI export with drag and drop.
- Sequencer / arpeggiator MIDI out for VSTi version.
- De-Clicker mode for slower envelopes :/
- More than 300 presets.
- All sample rates supported.
Review by The Deckwrecka:
Review by buenasideas.de (German):
Hardware vs TAL-BassLine-101 envelope demo recorded @ 44.1kHz. Hardware and software alternate after each note. The hardware device starts. Every attack sounds different. This is related to the free running VCO and the reason we play every note more than once in this demo, otherwise it would not be possible to compare the envelope attack.
Hardware vs TAL-BassLine-101 envelope arpeggiator demo recorded @ 44.1kHz. The hardware plays a sequence. In the middle of each sequence the software starts to play the same arpeggiator pattern.
Hardware vs TAL-BassLine-101 recorded @ 44.1kHz. The audio demo always plays a short sequence played with the hardware device followed by the plugin that plays the same sequence or sound again.
TAL-BassLine-101 FM-Filter shows some crazy FM sounds.
TAL Demo Track (all sounds(including drums) from TAL-BassLine-101 without EQ, Reverb, Compressors or other FX)
Download Reaper 4.0 project file
Ingo Weidner - Bassline Synth Brass Demo 1
Preset BanksDownload Ingo Weidner - 32 free presets
- Remember microtuning tun file path (v 1.7.5)
- Possible AAX crash fixed (v 1.7.4)
- MIDI out fixed. Please disable in menu when you have a MIDI feedback loop (v 1.7.3)
- Wrong portamento rate for different sampling rates fixed (only linear mode affected) (v 1.7.2)
- Framework update. Fixes UI performance issues on some OSX hosts with VST (v1.7.1)
- Record sequencer slide when overlaping notes while recording (v1.7.0)
- Record sequencer pause switch added. MIDI Learn possible (v1.7.0)
- Some more UI optimisations and fixes (v1.6.9)
- Brocken MOD Wheel fixed (v1.6.9)
- Brings back windows XP compatibility (v1.6.8)
- Fixes UI preformance problems on OSX and Windows (v1.6.8)
- 14bit MIDI controller support for CC 1 - 31 added (v1.65).
- Stuck MIDI notes for AAX plugin format fixed (v1.64).
- Disable MIDI output option added (v1.63).
- Wrong factory presets introduced with version 1.60 fixed. Updates are not affected. Please delete the preset folder "presets" and restart the plugin to get the right presets (v1.62)
- Keep midi mapping option in menu (v1.61)
- Microtuning file import (v1.60)
- Different colors - White, Black, Red, Blue - click at the top left corner to switch (v1.60)
- High resolution screen support (v1.60)
- Scallable UI (v1.60)
- Popup menu does not work at the first mouse click on OSX 10.8 or higher (version 1.43).
- Default preset loading while loading a new plug-in instance removed. This fixes a preset loading issue in ableton live (version 1.41).
- MIDI program change disable switch in menu (version 1.37).
- Hanging notes with VST MIDI out fixed (version 1.36).
- MIDI automation in off-line mix-down fixed (version 1.35).
- Loading wrong preset LFO sync times fixed (version 1.34).
- Show actual slider values below the panic button (version 1.33).
- Windows re-scaling issue in context menus fixed (version 1.32, windows only).
- Windows re-scaling issue fixed (version 1.31, windows only).
- LFO rate out of sync fixed (version 1.30).
- Sequencer redrawing after reloading UI issue fixed (version 1.30).
- Random generator for sequencer added. (version 1.30).
- Tune label added (version 1.30).
- New slower synced LFO rates added (version 1.30).
- MIDI program change stops processing fixed (version 1.30).
- AAX preset saving / loading issue fixed (version 1.23).
- AAX support for Pro-Tools 10.3.6 or higher and Pro-Tools 11 added (version 1.218).
- Filter-FM for all waveforms as source added (version 1.218).
- Sequencer Insert, Delete, Length Global and Velocity Global added (version 1.218).
- MIDI automation can now record host automation (version 1.218).
- Keyfollow scale fixed for values > 0 and < 1 (version 1.218).
- More stable sequencer host-sync (version 1.218).
- Record sequence with MIDI and host sync fixed (version 1.218).
- Portamento Linear sample rate bug fixed (version 1.218).
- Serious CPU issue fixed (version 1.11).
- No PPC support anymore (version 1.11).
- Switch GUI to black BassLine version with a click on the top left corner (version 1.10).
- Noise Floor switch added. Disables the noise floor if set to off. (version 1.10).
- Swing feature for arpeggiator and sequencer (50-75%) added (version 1.03).
- Arpeggiator mode "As Played" plays notes in wrong order fixed (version 1.03).
- Arpeggiator mode "As Played Reverse" added for compatibility (version 1.03).
- Envelope LFO mode fixed. Plays only at the first 50% of the period (version 1.03).
- More reactive faders (verison 1.03).
- More intense parameter smoothing for attack, decay and sustain controls (version 1.03).
- Midi export now produces overlapping notes for steps set to slide (version 1.03).
- Ordered synced LFO rates (version 1.03).
- Enter-Key does change preset fixed (version 1.02).
- Fixed parameter names in generic host view (version 1.02).
- Added some more VCO pitch instability (version 1.02).
- Improved note transition on overlapping notes (version 1.02).
- De-Click now also smooths note transitions (version 1.02).
- Release (version 1.01).